Wednesday, December 26, 2012

January Release Still Likely for second "Man of War" Novel

Yes, dear readers, we do so love following the adventures of Max and Bram and all the rest of our friends on board the USS Cumberland that we have been writing assiduously over the holidays.  About 83,000 words of rough draft are done so far, so we are still looking very good for release in the third week in January.  As I have mentioned before, if the book is done sooner, we will release sooner.  That's the case with everything we Honsingers publish--we don't sit on a finished book waiting for some magical release date to come along. 

We have also been doing a lot of thinking about the books to follow.  Given all the encouraging things people have said about the first book and how well the second one is coming together, we are very strongly committed to writing these books so long as we are able and as long as there is an audience for them.  We love this stuff, and we love writing it.  We can't imagine a better enterprise to which we can devote ourselves for our remaining days in this world

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great news! I'm really waiting for the second novel.

It was a real joy to discover your blog and get more news about the series. I read reviews of "Man of War" on Amazon and I was really impressed that you have commented most of the reviews. I haven't seen too many authors to do that. You are of course right in saying that multiple five star reviews will sell more books. That was how I found the book.

I'm big fan of historical naval fiction and science fiction (especially military science fiction) so this series really hits my sweet spot. As Finnish naval officer I really appreciate how there are so many familiar military/naval aspects in this book. I could easily identify with many of the methods used for teaching the crew or junior officers and recognize most of the customs and traditions.

Even the scene where they are standing the watch in dark room filled by screens, tired and without coffee could have been straight from my memory (naturally without the space part..)

Please keep up the good work!

Greg Paul said...

I am completely hooked on this series. I cant wait to read more about the brave crew of the Cumberland!

H. Paul Honsinger, Military Science Fiction Author and Retired Attorney said...

Mr. Mikkola, thank you so much for you very kind comment. All of the many generous comments from fans have been very gratifying, but I get a particularly good feeling from the ones from people who have served in ground and naval forces. When an ex-Navy Man tells me that the events that took place on the Cumberland remind him of what happened on his ship or boat, I know that the hard work is paying off. I appreciate your taking the time to comment. All my best.

H. Paul Honsinger, Military Science Fiction Author and Retired Attorney said...

Mr. Paul, thanks for writing. We are working as hard as we can to get a new adventure in your hands in three weeks or so. I'm glad to hear from you.