Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's Still Coming

Well, gang, the new novel is still coming--it may just be a few more days than I planned.  Essentially, I made a big mistake in formatting the manuscript that is requiring literally thousands of individual corrections before it can be uploaded for publication.  I won't go into the details, mainly because it makes me look rather stupid. 

Anyway, the book is written.  We are just dealing with the manuscript issues and with inputting editorial corrections.  It is looking as though it is not going to be ready before the end of the month, but early February is a good bet.  I apologize for the delay--it is my own damn fault. 

I am truly eager to get this one out.  Once I get the book written, I sort of mentally move on to the next one.  So, I really want this novel out of the way so I can start working on Brothers in Valor.  I have very little patience for this part of the process.  It is no fun at all.

But, I am working literally 12-16 hours a day to get the book out and it will be in your hands as fast as it can humanly be done.  I think it's going to be worth the wait.

3 comments:

Jon M. Van Wassenhove said...

I, for one, am patient enough to wait for a good product. I'd rather wait a few days so you can correct the formatting issues than to have something put out that I couldn't stand to read. That's the bane of a lot of the self-published authors I've read the last few years. They don't put much effort into editing and correction and it makes it damn near impossible to read, not to mention extremely aggrivating. But I have to admit...I cannot wait to get my hands on your next book. I loved the first one immensely and have been eagerly waiting for the next one to be published, Paul. Keep up the good work!

jh85 said...

I agree with van wassenhove. Take your time and edit properly. Now you know what you did wrong so you won't do it be time

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
I really admired how polished your last books was. And I thank you for putting in the time to make this one right too. Do you have any update as to when it might be ready?
Thanks.