Monday, January 21, 2013

"For Honor We Stand" to be Released this Week

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks, but I figured people would be more interested in reading a new novel than in reading a bunch of blog posts.  We've been pushing hard to complete the next novel in the Man of War Trilogy, For Honor We Stand.  The book is in final editing right now and should be issued this week.  We did not make our original goal of having it out on January 21, but that date did keep our noses to the grindstone and we won't be missing it by more than a few days. 

This has been a fun novel to write.  It has somewhat more "action" than the first book, and the diplomatic intrigue as well as the overall conduct of the war story are told on a higher level, so to speak.  There are major developments in terms of alliances and events that will dramatically shape the future course of the war against the Krag. 

It did turn out longer than the first book.  Book Two came out about 146,000 words, in comparison to Book One which was about 130,000.

The ending is very dramatic, if we say so our selves.  And we do! 

It will be out in just a few days.  I will post an announcement here and on the Facebook page when it is about to go up. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I'm looking forward to it

RxScram said...

I just found the first book yesterday afternoon... have had trouble putting it down, so will probably finish it up this evening. Glad that the next one is so close to ready.

Great Work!

Christian said...

Do you know how many days a "few" are?
Because I was looking forward to this book a great deal, and I'm becoming antsy while waiting for it.

Anonymous said...

Why do you authors keep telling us a date of release that is wrong. I keep waiting and I search and the books are not there yet, Very frustrating. Jay Allan did this. T.R.Harris-I am waiting and now this book. Again frustrating.

jh85 said...

I can't wait. Awesomeness. Now that the dictionary for pop culture terms is in the back. I can fully enjoy the experience of the next book.

H. Paul Honsinger, Military Science Fiction Author and Retired Attorney said...

To Anonymous: it would be real easy to have firm release dates just like Tom Clancy and J.K Rowling do. We set the release date for Thanksgiving or Valentine's day or whatever and just hold the book until then. Instead, we release the book as soon as it is ready. What that means is that the release date, rather than being some arbitrary point on the calendar, is the real point in time when we finish the work. Now, being human, we make mistakes. Especially since this is only our second novel. We've done this only one time before, so we may under or overestimate the amount of time it takes to do something.

Greg Deane said...

I can tell you are a lawyer. Still like your books, but I am a business owner and previous Air Force First Sergeant. I deal in keeping commitments on time. Thanks for comment back, but when is your second book going to be really release?

Anonymous said...

I can tell you are a lawyer. Still like your books though, but I am a business owner(in Phoenix) and previous Air Force First Sergeant. I deal in keeping commitments on time. Thanks for comment back, but when is your second book really going to be released?

jh85 said...

Dear anonymous please see the blog from the next page over where the explanation is. Would you have sent a plain that needed major repairs into a war zone? No? Well the book needed some major repairs. Please be patient, I believe our authors are smart enough to learn from their mistakes

Anonymous said...

My main comment is this: I have thoroughly enjoyed the first two books, and like others here have commented, I am looking forward to the next.

My second comment is this: Whenever it is released is fine with me. Writing a good cohesive novel (I can only speculate since I am not an author) may not always lend itself to a specific release date, and the more/extra/unexpected time spent on creating an enjoyable "read" is well worth the wait (for me at least).

Final comment: To Harvey Phillips and Paul Honsinger, keep up the good work!